Tuesday, August 26, 2008
you may associate don rimini with his dj staple track 'let me back up' (remixed by crookers), but he's only moving forward from this point on. he kept the summer hot with his own remix of young mc's 'bust a move' and is now set to release his 'kick n run' ep. what i love about don rimini is that he sits perfectly inbetween genre fences. he can play with fidget (crookers and sinden), he can get down with the mad decent (rye rye) and he can dabble in french indie (adam kesher). versatility should be a virtue.
don rimini - hools
go show your support and snag the rest on beatport.
you know you're a child of the 80's when you had a hyper color shirt, had a crush on jon bon jovi or debbie gibson, and if you know all the words to this song.
ray parker jr. - theme from ghostbusters (don rimini ectoplasm edit)
and finally, here's a mix rimini put together last month. it's showcasing a lot of his own originals and remixes, mixed in with some fidget and bmore for good measure. find the tracklist after the jump!
don rimini - kick n run (july 2008 mix)
UPDATE: check out the don rimini remix contest over at our friends from discobelle. winners get some sweet t-shirts and cds as well as some big time blog exposure, so get busy!
01. verb featuring don rimini - psssy mind (don rimini remix)
02. machines don't care - drop it to the floor
03. terry poison - 24 hours (the aston shuffle's a-bomb)
04. fake blood - mars
05. estelle - american boy (vnnr go west remix)
06. machines don't care - afro jacker
07. don rimini - rave on
08. little boots - stuck on repeat (fake blood remix)
09. proxy - dance in the dark (original mix)
10. the bloody beetroots - storm
11. don rimini - hools
12. lazaro casanova - venganza (felix cartal remix)
13. crookers - lollypop
14. busy p - to protect and entertain featuring murs (so me remix)
15. emynd - back at your ass
16. don rimini - nervous breakdown
17. aaron lacrate - put your hands up for bmore
18. high powered boys - up down
19. oh snap! & ed orable - everyone's a dj
Posted by Miss Toats at 1:22 AM